Re: Can Galeon still run under Fedora 7 (or 8)?

On 25/10/2007, Beartooth <Beartooth@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>         When I tried to run "yum update" under F7, it choked on Galeon,
> because of a gecko-libs dependency. I told it "yum remove gecko-libs" ;
> it took a whole bunch of other stuff with it;

For example: firefox

> then I told it "yum install
> <other stuff>", in two or three stages.
>
>         It installed all the other stuff except Galeon.
>
>         I tried things like "yum install gecko-libs," and it told me that
> was supplied by some other app -- but not which.

firefox ;)

$ rpm --query --whatprovides gecko-libs

$ sudo yum whatprovides gecko-libs

$ sudo yum -y install yum-utils
$ repoquery --whatprovides gecko-libs

>         Neither rpm -q, nor slocate, nor find, nor beagle-gui can find
> it. I have Firefox and Epiphany running. So I tried installing Seamonkey.
>
>         That succeeded.
>
>         But I still get this Catch-22 :
>
> [root@localhost ~]# yum install galeon
> Setting up Install Process
> Parsing package install arguments
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package galeon.i386 0:2.0.3-11.fc7 set to be updated
> --> Processing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.8.1.5 for package: galeon
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.8.1.5 is needed by package
> galeon

Be patient. Wait for the corresponding galeon update. Your gecko-libs
is newer than what the older galeon build requires.

$ rpm --query --provides firefox | grep gecko