Re: How To Go INTO RESCUE Mode Of Alreadty INSTALLED FEDORA!!

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 05:16 +0200, ehawk wrote:
> To check your Linux partition
> grub> root (hd0,[TAB]
>
> In my case, it's:
> Possible partitions are:
> Partition num: 0, Filesystem type unknown, partition type 0x07
> Partition num: 1, Filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type 0x83
> Partition num: 2, Filesystem type unknown, partition type 0x8e
>
> Actually I don't know the meaning. But I guess partition 1 is my
> Linux.

Those two partition types are unknown to *grub*, the one it does know
about is a Linux ext2 file system, which probably is the boot partition
(given the lack of other known ones).

If you look up the partition types, 07 is HPFS/NTFS (a Windows file
system), and 8e is Linux LVM (the rest of your Linux system).

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.