Re: Top Posting Question

Norman Gaywood wrote:
On 10/25/07, Jonathan Allen <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Given that the preference on this list is trimming and
bottom/mid-posting, and that Thunderbird is one of the principle mail
agents used in the Fedora and Linux world, why does it always open
incoming emails at the top, and compose new emails with the cursor at
the top immediately ready to top-post?

The cursor should be at the top so that it is easier to trim the
original message. Bottom posting and not trimming is more annoying to
me than top posting.

One of the nice things about kmail is that one can choose the text to include, then click "reply," and only the selected text is quoted.

One can then, as I recall (I don't use kmail these days) make further text, then click "quote."

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait