Re: Top Posting Question

Jonathan Allen wrote:

I am trying to persuade a colleague of the evil of top-posting and he has just beaten me up on exactly this point - *if* the Linux community is to keen to discourage bottom posting, why don't the standard tools work that way.

Please note that if you are responding to a message and the
message and more '>' than line you are adding that generally means
that your message has a low signal to noise ratio and that you
probably shouldn't be posting the message.

Also I may just be grumpy (it's been a grumpy day) but that has to
be the dumbest thing I've ever heard (coming from a Microsoft user
that should be expected, I guess).

Ask your friend if they start reading from the start of the page
(or maybe they're psychic but then why read the message at all)
or do they know the information and jump to the bottom?

While I've trimmed the message and posted to the bottom I could
have knitted information in between your statements to be more
specific.

The problem with the 'AOL/Microsoft' crowd is that they are
lazy and they think that excuses them from proper etiquette.