Re: Top Posting Question

Michael.Coll-Barth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

From: Jonathan Allen
Why doesn't thunderbird open at the bottom by default, with a user-option to open at the top if you really want to ?

Because USENET and emails are not the same thing.  Just because you get
USENET postings delivered to you by email and you can respond by email,
in the end, it is still USENET.  I bottom post ONLY to avoid hassles on
certain lists, but my preference has always been top-posting, going back
to the late eighties.  If your message is clear, I don't care.  And I do
certainly appreciate the trimming of unneeded portions a posting.

Of course fedora-list is a mailing list, not usenet.
(And thunderbird acts as a newsreader client as well as
an email client.)

--
imalone