Re: New horizon's

Karl Larsen wrote:

>     I need to learn more about all this. Or go back to FC6.

I don't think you need to learn anything.
If anything, you need to forget some things.

THEY say we must use LABELs for all our partitions.
It is much easier just to do what THEY say.

Also you seem to specialize in doing bizarre and obscure things,
eg (as far as I can see) booting one grub from another one.
You seem to spend the day taking in and out hard disks,
and wondering why their names change.

Why not just leave both hard disks there,
and install grub on the MBR of the one the BIOS looks at first.
That is what most mortals do.

Forget about /dev/hdx .
THEY have abolished it.