Re: Suggest a system monitioring software package

aragonx@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm looking for some system monitoring software.  In the past, I have
always heard Nagios referred to in a positive way.  This might be what I
need.  Let me define:

1)  Needs to run a shell script every 10 minutes or so and check the
return status.  If it fails, send a page.

2)  Have a web interface where system admins can see the status of the
servers.

3)  Have a button on the web page where system admins can run a script on
the server manually.

I think the 3rd requirement is the difficult one.

As always, I appreciate your help and value your input.  :)

OpenNMS (http://www.opennms.org) can do the first 2 and a lot more if you have enough servers to justify the configuration effort. For the 3rd one, you would have to do some custom programming.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx