Re: Upgrade from FC6 to F7: how do people do an upgrade?

On 10/22/07, Strong <strong_yethumble@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After upgrade from FC6 to F7 by simple insertion of a dvd and pressing
> there upgrade, I have noticed more time is spent by my OS for login
> window to appear, disk's work became harder and therefore system total
> reply time incremented, my fonts dir. that I manually set up for X is
> not used any more. Is all this ok for Fedora upgrade?

There are mixed results. Some have upgraded without any problems.
Others have not.

After several upgrades my personal preference is to backup data I want
saved and, then, perform a clean install. This way the problems
encountered are strictly related to the new distro; not interaction
between new and old packages and/or old configuration settings.

You are better off with a clean install.

> Do people use Fedora for public servers?

Some do. If you are using a server for business get RHEL or clone such
as CentOS.