Re: Samba Q?

Gene Heskett wrote:
Trying to make samba work to the f7 on my lappy fails, I had to reverse it and link from f7 to this machine, which did work.

My main question is "How do I tell samba/cifs to allow lengthy passwords?"

Since Samba is an SMB server, and cifs an SMB client, I have no idea which you're having problems with. Can you describe more explicitly what you tried to do, and in what manner it failed?

My root password is too long unless entered interactively from the keyboard. Where is the bottleneck?

How else would you enter a password?