Re: GRUB discussion follow up ?

On 21Oct2007 18:05, Jacques B. <jjrboucher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| Now when GPT (GUID Patition Table) becomes the norm (used by Apple,
| not sure who else uses it), that will change things completely. [...]

I'm using it on a big RAID, but that RAID is not a boot disc.
I'm using it because the DOS partition table won't cope with a drive over 2TB
in size.

I had to recompile my Linux kernel to turn on the GPT support,
too. And I think I needed to use gparted to partition it; fdisk doesn't
really cope (but doesn't fail in a particulaly helpful way,
either). I've got to say that gparted's ergonomics leave a little to be
desired:-( Fdisk's defaults are more friendly.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The number of cylinders for this disk is set to 364737.
There is nothing wrong with that, but this is larger than 1024, [...]
- fdisk on our new RAID 07oct2007 :-)