Where is the default setting for starting Xapps as root set?

On all my Fedora installs, FC1 through to F7, I can open a Konsole on KDE, su
to root, and open an Xapp (Synaptic, Gedit, Kwrite, and so on), but on my
Debian installs, and most recently with Archlinux, the default is to deny
starting Xapps as root.

I got a fix for my Debian installs ages ago with a simple one liner added
to /root/.bashrc as below.

export XAUTHORITY=/home/<username>/.Xauthority

Someone on the KDE list has also suggested adding the line below to ~/.bashrc,
or ~/bash_profile

export XAUTHORITY=$HOME/.Xauthority

At the moment on Archlinux I have a one liner in ~/.kde/autostart using xhost.
See below.

xhost +local:root

The question is though. Where is it set in Fedora, that as default I can su to
root in a Konsole, and start Xapps?

An answer would be nice, as I could post it to the 2 guys on the KDE list that
gave me various fixes.

btw: This question has absolutely nothing to do with GRUB, or SELinux.

Nigel.