Re: Box Cracked ( Was: thank's )

El Sábado, 20 de Octubre de 2007 16:37, Les Mikesell escribió:

> Note that if the box has been cracked with a typical rootkit, the
> netstat program (and ps, ls, etc.) will have been replaced with versions
>   that don't show what is really going on.

Absolutely.
The thing is that the original poster have not provided any information or any
thought that lead him to think he has been hacked, so we're just guessing...

I just think he don't have any idea about what's going on on his system, so we
don't know if he already ran rkhunter or similar to find out if there's any
well-known rootkit installed...

Let's wait...

All the best
Manuel