Re: BIOS problem?

Karl Larsen wrote:
I have two hard drives in my computer. I have this F7 on a IDE hard drive and while on this drive it is /dev/sda. No problem now but the second drive is a Serial Cable type and it shows up as /dev/sdf. No problem with that either.

It all falls apart when I use the Serial Cable hard drive. It becomes /dev/sda and the IDE becomes /dev/sdb.

What's installed on the SATA drive?

   I think the BIOS is doing this. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

I think it's not the BIOS. Linux generally ignores the BIOS for disks.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait