Re: Proposing a new mailing list

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:05:39 +0800 Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Then, define "server issues".  What happens if I run what I think is a
> server...in that its main function is to act as a DHCP server, an SMTP
> server, and an Apache server but still has a keyboard and a monitor
> attached and runs GNOME.  Where to I ask GNOME questions?

The GNOME mailing lists? :)

The user would ask it either on the GNOME mailing lists or on this one.

> Or I have system that runs a KDE desktop and has Open Office
> installed an other desktop applications...but also runs an Apache
> webserver.  Where do I ask Apache questions?

The Apache mailing lists? :)

The user would ask it on the Apache mailing lists or on the server one.

There are server components to a OS and their are desktop components.
It's really not all that difficult to tell the two apart.

I do see what the OP is saying. There is so much traffic on this list
and the signal to noise ratio is rather low at times. It would be nice
to have a list I could subscribe too that is specifically for the server
components of Fedora.

- Erich