Re: Grub Manual

Alan M. Evans wrote:
On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 14:04 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:
   Notice kernel and initrd and see they are just written as, for
example kernel /vmlinuz... This means the two files are in the root
directory.
no, they're not.  but don't let that stop you from disseminating yet
more misinformation.  it's what you do best, karl.
And you are so stupid you make these total wrong statements. Of course the files are in the root or / directory since they are in their own partition.

Calling other people "stupid" when they are right and you are wrong is,
er, stupid.

Just because something is in its own partition does not mean that it is
in the root directory, unless that partition is mounted at the root of
the file system. Even if it were true (which it is not because the boot
partition is never mounted as the root of any file system) it would be
misleading because the terminology "root or / directory" unambiguously
refers to the root of the file system.

I'm frankly amazed that there is a single experienced member of this
list that still takes the time to read your posts and reply to correct
bad information. You should be thankful, really; but I suppose that's
too much to hope for.

Well if they can only find that one error which is not an error if you see the conditions as I do. They all seem to think there is just one partition and in my computer there are many and each partition I think has a root where other partitions grow from like the old lost+found the ext3 file maker puts in every partition.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User