Re: Does the font look weird on this site?

Frank Cox wrote:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:55:20 -0400
Arch Willingham <arch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One of the main sites we go to daily is our local town's on-line paper (www.chattanoogan.com). I hate to compare it to Windows but with that OS and IE, the pages are very clear. In Firefox (FC6, FC7 and FC8), all of the smaller characters look funky and are very hard to read (look down under the section called "Breaking news" where there are blue letters on a white background). Is it just my setup(s) or does the site look funky to y'all too?

The fonts specified for the blue headlines under Breaking News are "Verdana,
Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"

Do you have any of those installed?  Most of them are part of the Microsoft
Core Fonts for the Web, which can be downloaded and used on your Linux
installation here:  http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/

.. or you can use liberation fonts which provide metric equivalents and is available in the Fedora repository.

# yum info liberation-fonts

Rahul