Video rendering differences Nvidia/ATI

Hi,
I noticed differences of video (XV) rendering between the nvidia on my
desktop and the ati on my notebook, both with the proprietary drivers.
http://math.ifi.unizh.ch/fedora/tmp/nvidia.png
http://math.ifi.unizh.ch/fedora/tmp/ati.png
As one can see (with magnification if necessary), the nvidia is much
smoother than the ati. Both screenshots have been made of a running
totem (gstreamer) and a zoom setting of 2:1.
Is this normal, i.e. a limitation of ati? Or did I miss some
configuration here.
--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49