Re: kde 3.5.8 for fc6?

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:59:31 -0400 David Boles <dgboles@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> on 10/16/2007 8:22 AM, Olaf Mueller wrote:
> >
> > does anybody knows if there will be rpms for the upcoming kde 3.5.8
> > for fc6? That would be great!
>
> Official ones? I doubt it since Fedora Core 6 is EOL in December.

I got one question here. Why they don't stop this versioning and make
not just one release with the following updates rather that make such a
mess when the admins/users have to destroy their previous release and
install a new one - as the update option works poorly? The programs
grow in their mature and what is the difference between the versions:
just its mature, it is the same program, why it can not be just updated
for the existing release? Then what is the release versions - just
names - in noway related with the programs it includes, growing
themselves.

Why I do ask such a thing is the problem I have met with the support of
my existing release (6). I have even a server set up and tuned up and
to change to another release, now 8, it is a hard deal - as a lot of
now working stuff should be remade - just to satisfy a new release
name! - Seems foolishness to me. Or I miss something?