Re: GRUB Question

John Pierce wrote:
I read the thing for chainload and it seems you need:
rootnoverify (hd1,0)
makeactive
boot

Tried that one, got Error 8: Kernel must be loaded before booting.

It's trivial: I don't have one set up at present, but it's like this
stanza booting Windows:
title Windows XP Professional
     rootnoverify (hd0,0)
     chainloader (hd0,0)+1

Tried this one, got Error 15: Invalid or unsupported executable format.

I am going to re-read the info grub again and see if I can make heads
or tails of it.

I did tell you to translate. the fact that that's a working example from my laptop does not mean it works exactly as coded for yours.

A skill you need to acquire is to boot with grub without a menu. Use the documentation to create a grub floppy or CD and learn to use it. You can then boot almost anything.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait