Re: Whence cdecl?

Alan M. Evans wrote:
I couldn't find cdecl with yum. I'll admit that my search was minimal,
but it would surprise me if it wasn't in any package obtainable with
yum. What package do I need?

I'm using FC6, if that makes any difference.

cdecl was removed because the copyright status was uncertain. The original release was an ancient posting on Usenet which didn't contain any copyright or license information in the way that we currently understand them.

I tried to contact the original authors, and indeed got quite far along and got permissions from several, but unfortunately a key original author could not be contacted. If you want I can go back over my notes and dig out the names again.

Failing permission, we would have to either rewrite it (almost completely) or find some other way to work around it (eg. perhaps the lack of copyright notice & registration meant that it wasn't covered by (C) since it may have been released before the US signed up to that part of the Berne Convention -- but we'd need to check and be very sure).

Rich.