Re: FC 7 Booting exception

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 16:40 +0200, Filipe Garrett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've recently installed Linux Fedora Core 7 onto a Pentium III 800Mhz computer.
> Everything went OK but when I boot a message appeared going something like:
>
> ata1.01: Exception Emask 0x0
> 	BDMA stat 0x64
>
> Googled it up but found nothing conclusive. Could it be a hard drive problem? It
> would be strange since there's no SMART warnings and this computer used to have
> WinXP and no disk problem ever ocurred.
>
> 'dmesg' output attached.
>
> thanks in adv
> FG
I can't find this error in your dmesg listing.
It took 300 years to build and by the time it was 10% built, everyone
knew it would be a total disaster. But by then the investment was so big
they felt compelled to go on. Since its completion, it has cost a
fortune to maintain and is still in danger of collapsing. There are at
present no plans to replace it, since it was never really needed in the
first place. I expect every installation has its own pet software which
is analogous to the above. -- K.E. Iverson, on the Leaning Tower of Pisa