Re: Samba driving me nuts

> I thought the problem may be with iptables, so here is the default
> iptables-default file created when I built the box, added samba, and
> then adjusted the server and firewall settings to start samba and allow
> it through the firewall:

Quick way to test if it is firewalling would be

Unplug from main network

test (so you know there are no other dependancies)

	/sbin/service iptables stop

test

	/sbin/service iptables start

Reconnect.

The firewall tools also let you trust specific interfaces which can be
useful when you've got a trusted network on one ethernet port.