Re: hp Pavillion dv6000 Install issues (Fedora 7)

Kevin Kempter wrote:
Hi List;

A friend of mine bought an HP Pavillion dv6000 (Nvidia and 64bit AMD)

I've managed to get Fedora 7 to install but upon reboot at the end of the install the boot eventually goes to a blank screen.

Is there an easy way to get the nvidia drivers installed ?

I thought I might be able to go into single user mode and use yum, so I tried this:

(1) at the boot screen pressed a key to edit the boot parameters, pressed 'a' to modify the kernel args and added 'single' at the end of the boot line (to go into single user/command line mode)

(2) ran ifup etho (success)

(3) ran yum -y update and got a number of errors followed by:
raise sqlite.DatabaseError, "Older version of yum sqlite"
sqlite.3.DatabaseError: Older version of yum sqlite

Any advice would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

My Navidia computer came up ok without the driver. It was a poor image but it was usable. A blank screen is a problem. In anycase I yum installed a navidia driver but right now I do not recall it's name. You might try on your computer and try to yum the RPM to your computer but not install. I used like yum install nvidia.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User