Re: Only one instance of mPlayer/VLC

Dotan Cohen wrote:
The stepmother is now enjoying her first few hours on Fedora. One
thing that she cannot program herself to do is to close any open
instance of mplayer or vlc before clicking on another file. I'm no
good at bash, and I need this working for her _today_, so I'm kindly
asking the Fedora community if anyone has a wrapper script for
mplayer/vlc that checks if there is a running instance, and if so
closes it before opening a new instance. Basically, she needs the
appearance that the new file is 'replacing' the old file in the open
program. Sorry for the bother, and thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

I have the same problem and I have had 6 VLC turned on and other than clutter on the screen I never saw any other effect.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User