Re: send & spawn

On 13Oct2007 13:00, Andy Green <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| Somebody in the thread at some point said:
| > I am trying to run a Bash script that uses 'expect', 'send' and 'spawn'.

Please show us the script.

| > I have installed 'expect' but cannot find out what rpm's contain 'send'
| > and 'spawn'
| >
| > Can you tell me where these are?
|
| # yum whatprovides /usr/bin/send
|
| nmh.i386                                 1.2-20070115cvs.3.fc7  fedora
|
| Matched from:
| /usr/bin/send
| /usr/bin/send
|
| package nmh provides /usr/bin/send, nothing provides a "spawn".... they
| seem to be curiously generic names though...

Yeah, which is why nmh's install should have its commands off in a
subdirectory somewhere, not in the main $PATH.

| are you sure they aren't
| functions defined elsewhere in the bash script maybe?

I seem to recall they're part of expect itself, used to do I/O and
process forking. And thus not separate commands.  (Goes and reads "man
expect", like the OP should have...)

Yep, they're part of expect';s scripting language.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing.
        - Kingsley Amis