Re: Determining IP information for lo... failed

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Peter Horst writes:

> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>> Peter Horst writes:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> You probably have the BOOTP environment variable set somewhere. Grep for >> BOOTP in /etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/*
>>
>> You'll find several references to the BOOTP environment variables. You're >> looking for something that sets it. >> > > Hm. /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup has:

What about -- as I said -- /etc/sysconfig/network?

ifup is just a shell script. Noone can really debug this remotely for you. You'll have to step through the ifup script yourself and figure out why it wants to bring the loopback interface up with dhcp -- which is what your problem is.

the "network" script is:

NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=obtunded.depaulacs.org
GATEWAY=192.168.10.1
GATEWAYDEV=""
BOOTPROTO=dhcp

Is this "BOOTPROTO" the same as the "BOOTP" you're referring to?