Re: Duplicating a F7 installation.

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 10:50 +0200, GianPiero Puccioni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to install some machines with F7 and then make several
> modification
> to it  (so the kickstart would help only partially) and I wondered if
> it is
> possible to duplicate the installation copying the HD.
>
> If the machine, HD and partitioning are the same can I copy the data
> with tar
> or dd or whatever and have it in working order? What about the MBR,
> can it be
> copied? What about if I install GRUB on the first partition?
> e have been using
> Has anyone tried to do something similar?
We have been using tar to mass copy machines for years. Then we run a
script on the copied machine making all the changes we need to make,
machine name, ip number, etc.

In our case the grub boot sector is on in the MBR. Having the grub boot
in the first partition may be more of a problem since the boot sector on
the disk is not copied by tar.
grep me no patterns and I'll tell you no lines.