Re: GPL

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 13:27 +0930, Tim wrote:

> SQL's not my forte, but I was of the understanding that it's a data base
> server, and you plug data into it and give it queries.  Much the same as
> you use a web server.  You've got a variety of ways of interfacing with
> it.
>
> ... First, let's kill all the lawyers.

Didja see it on the news a few years back where some heavy-sized guy was
shooting at his also heavy=sized attorney around a little skinny tree??
He started the shooting, just outside the courthouse, after losing his
case. How he missed, is beyond me! <cackles>

I do agree, using the app, like SQL, is not the same as snatching blocks
of it's code and calling it your own, and selling it. Besides, there is
more money in it, by just servicing the account on an hourly basis.
Develop once, copy many times, charge the big bucks for install, and the
maintenance. Simple to my perspectives. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar