Re: GPL

Tim:
>> "Included" in the sense of compiling that code into your own, or simply
>> having their library file added in with your collection of files?

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra:
> Included as in the sense that without it your work is completely meaningless
> (in the case of software not even run).

To me, that argument's as silly as the computer motherboard is included
in running a GPL program, and therefor all data about it must be
provided.

It also doesn't always hold water in all cases, you can sometimes use
some other program routines to do the same job.  Not to mention that you
may not need to supply the file, the user may already have it.

--
(This box runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.