Re: How to apply Apache directives to 'dynamic' HTML?

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 22:08 +0100, Chris G wrote:
> How does one apply apache directives to web pages that are generated
> by a CGI script?
>
> I am running pyBlosxom (a python blog server) as a blog for personal
> notes, I want to set the default character set for only the blog pages
> to iso-8859-1 rather than the default utf-8.  How do I do this?

Perhaps you might do it in the scripts, themselves, depending on what
you need to do.  In this case, they can set the headers for things like
charset.

> If it was just simple HTML then I'd do something like:-
>
> <Directory /the/directory/with/html/files>
>     AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1
> </Directory>

If you've got a consistent parent directory for all of them, it can be
applied that way (at the top, and will be inherited by all the
children).

e.g. <Directory /the/directory>

If you have a consistent parent in the URI path, regardless of where the
files actually come from, you can use the Location directive similar to
how you've used the Directory one.

If the whole server's the same, you can simply declare it server-wide.

--
(This box runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.