Re: F7-x86-64 Stopped Booting - GRUB Issue

Karl Larsen wrote:
Looking at the pages you direct me to show special cases of using grub as a secondary boot loader if there is some reason the standard grub will not work. I can see no reason why grub should not work fine and you stop using the windows boot software.

Your fear of loosing windows has made you do the thing you have now. I see no reason why a new kernel should cause any problem. So the problem is elsewhere.

   Please answer the questions and a way to fix the problem will emerge.

As I stated already, those were not the original pages I found and used as a guide to getting Linux up and running on my machine. I found those in under two minutes to respond to your original response. I don't know the reasoning, perhaps it's NTFS on my WinXP partition, but it is being very finicky when it comes to the MBR, and I don't have the Windows skills to fix a problem there. The reason I'm wondering if a kernel update might have triggered my problem is because the fedoraproject.org page I referenced specifically states "you must reconfigure your primary boot loader whenever you install and boot from a new kernel." Naturally I'm no expert, but that seems a reasonable conclusion.

See my last email (sent minutes ago), and answers will be provided later today.

Raymond