Re: The case against NetworkManager

> I agree with you: I am using F8T3 and I have found that NM is not
> working properly, I mean that it doesn't fulfill the need of an
> average user.

It's getting closer, you have to give it that.

> I have DNS destroyed by NM and also Ethernet's TCP/IP were deleted.
> This was due to the fact that the programmers believed that DHCP shoul
> rule any network, that of course is not true.

Yes you're right about that.  However, DHCP is universally what you find
at WiFi hotspots.  When NetworkManager and the drivers work in some kind
of harmony, the end result of picking APs off a list and getting on with
credentials through nm-applet or knetworkmanager is quite beautiful.  NM
broken out into a daemon means it works in runlevel 3 too.  Before that
I would be hunkered down in a motel working iwconfig by hand, which is
pretty sad and slow.

If they can fix the memory leaks in knetworkmanager (seen earlier today
with 300M to its name), get the wireless drivers all acting right and
yes support static IPs we'll all come to love it I think.

-Andy