Windows Key in KDE not reliable

Hi folks

I've set up my laptop and my desktop to use Win+<key> shortbuts in KDE and
most of the time it works fine.

However, on both machines about 1 in 3 times it doesn't work.  If I try for
example Win+P I just get 'P' appearing in whatever window is open.

If I try to re-setup a short-cut the 'Win+' appears in the button but
disappears when I press the second key.

Can anyone suggest why this happens and how I can fix it.

Ta

--
Gary Stainburn