Re: CD/DVD drive not recognized.

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 01:09 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 21:30 +1000, Simon Slater wrote:
> > I have an Acer Extensa 5220 with a Slimtype DVD A DS8A1P CD/DVD drive.
> > After installing Fedora 7 this drive is not found by any application.
> > Will it be one of the /dev/sda devices?  I'm not sure where to start
> > with this one, googling didn't come up with anything useful.
> If you posted the output of "ls /dev" someone might spot it.  But we'd
> just be guessing at the moment.

Put a short summary on the reply to Jaques B. The whole list is fairly
long.

> I'm looking at getting a laptop in the next few days, and all the
> potential hardware issues are not something I'm looking forward too.

As I mentioned in a separate thread a few days ago,  it was opportune to
buy this laptop  for a freind with a small budget.  I actually bought
one for us as well since our laptop is quite ancient.  I am using ours
to work out any teething problems, so the other is setup and ready to
go.  The lady it is for will have a big enough learning curve without
having to deal with any little snags on the way.  She is not interested
in half of the gadgets this has, doesn't want it on the internet, but
does need OOo, Brother MFC (that is next for me to finish) and the
CD/DVD drive.

--
Regards
Simon