Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 16:17:14 +0100
From: Andrew Wood <andrew@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: sound capture on Fedora 7
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Recently I've installed Audacity to edit audio captured from my mini-disk. The sound card I have is based on a C-Media CMI8738 chipset. There's only one mic socket on the card so I thought this would be a doddle to sample. When it didn't work I thought it was the card so I swapped it for another similar card/chipset.

There is absolutely no sound detectable coming from the mic. The drivers I'm using are the standard ones which are provided with Fedora 7.

A look at the Audacity wiki, and the ALSA wiki has provided no clue as to what the problem or fix could be. Any suggestions?

Andrew

Andrew Wood, Oxford, England