Re: Boot works but odd

Karl Larsen wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 13:33 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
As I say it works. But it is not pretty :-)

If things are working fine, and you don't want to see all of that, then
add the "quiet" parameter to the kernel line in grub.conf.

title Fedora Core (2.6.22.1-32.fc6)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.22.1-32.fc6 ro root=LABEL=/ quiet
        initrd /initrd-2.6.22.1-32.fc6.img

Thanks Tim that sure did stop most of the frantic writing to the screen. I am wondering where I lost the quiet?

I got smart and looked at an older grub.conf and found that what you really want is the "rhgb quiet" so I mounted my boot partition to this one and added the rhgb to both kernel's. Then I reboot and it came up with the little picture of a computer and you see nothing going on. Very nice and it came up just like it should but for one little problem, the arrow on the pointer is no longer there :-(

Had to use Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get to a place I could mount the boot partition and erase the rhgb and now the pointer is back fine.

No idea what rhgb does but it seems to bypass the reading of my added fixes in xorg.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User