Re: Duplicating CUPS Printer installation

Tim:
>> On the other hand, if you were setting up clone machines which all
>> had their own printers, the exact same models, then I would expect
>> that copying the customised CUPS files on one machine to the others
>> would do the trick.

Tony Molloy:
> I'll try this. I just copied the printers.conf file to a second
> machine ans restarted cups. While that worked for most printing ( eg.
> firefox, openoffice ) it didn't work for some lpr jobs of simple text
> files. I got the dreaded stepping effect.

Have a look through the rest of the CUPS directory, you might need to
copy more than just that file over.

You should probably find out what protocol your Windows printer server
uses, that might help with solutions.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.