Re: Phishing - Linux boxes are vulnerable

Jacques B. wrote:
<snip />
I'm no expert on this topic. But I do know a case where the
application that was running on the web server was exploited due to a
vulnerability in that application, not in Apache or the Linux box.  I
suspect that is the case more often than not.  Someone compromises a
web site that is running a vulnerable application.  That site happens
to be hosted on a Linux box (because let's face it, a lot of web
servers out there run on *nix).

Hi Jacques.

I think you're right on the money there. Google for phpbb and hack for an example of your point.

Mike Wright :m)