Re: Install on Intel DG965WH motherboard

Gordon Charrick wrote:
Gordon Charrick wrote:
I want to install FC7 on this machine but it's not seeing the SATA drives during installation. Does anyone have this motherboard and can give a clue how to install on it?

Gordon

By the way, I've tried things like adding all-generic-ide and pci=nommconf to the boot parameters.

Try using your DVD and click on the RESCUE mode. Come up without mounting anything. When up use fdisk to find your hard drives. They work like this:

# fdisk /dev/sda and if you have a /dev/sda it will show you when you type p what is there. Then try /dev/sdb and on up till you find your other Hard Drive. If you can't find it with fdisk then it is not setup right in your BIOS. I think that is the problem.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User