Re: Beryl Manager Not Working in FEDORA 7

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, sou1234321 wrote:

Dear All,

Please note that, inspite of having successfully installed the Beryl Manager, it's not working at all...!

HARDWARE:
Pentium D
DDR2 1.0GB RAM
ASUS P5GC-MX Motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce 6200-GT Turbo (successfully detected by FEDORA)

Even when I am trying to enable the desktop effects, it's showing that it cannot be done...!

Why so? Please help...

Which video driver are you using?

The stock nv driver will not work with Beryl. (No real workable OpenGL hardware acceleration.)

To get it working, you need to install the commercial driver from nvidia.com. (Change to init level 3 before you do it.) Or you can use the driver from the livna repository. (I have not had good luck with that one, but I have weird hardware and need the legacy drivers.)

It is not trivial to get working, but it is pretty cool once you do.

--
Never trust a queue structure designed by a cryptographer.