Re: BackupPC

Arch Willingham a écrit :
> I'm the goof that wrote the original post. In the end, I wish the package would completely configure itself but some things that might be nice:
>
> 1. Add the backuppc user if its not already there.

'backuppc' user is created by the RPM. Also, login is set to
/sbin/nologin for security.
> 2. Make a link on one of the start menus that goes to the correct location.

Not sure for this. Any of the webapps that can be installed from the
repositories for now creates an entry in the menus (or maybe I do not
use such a package ?).
> 3. Set the correct permissions for all of the backuppc directories (sometimes they get set right and sometime they don't) - One install did not work until I chown/chgrp the data directory (/data/BackupPC)

Directories are owned by 'backuppc' user and group, except
BackupPC_Admin script which is owned by the 'apache' group.
BTW, backup directory for default is '/var/lib/BackupPC', which is the
default from upstream.
> 4. Make sure "perl-suidperl" gets installed (one install did not work because of that)

'perl-suid' is part of the Requires for BackupPC, and was already for 2.1.x
> For example, you don't know what url to put in your browser to get to Backuppc...is it http://localhost/cgi-bin/backuppc/BackupPC_Admin or "http://localhost/cgi-bin/backuppc"; or "http://localhost/cgi-bin/BackupPC_Admin"; (depending on the install I have had it go to all sorts of places)?

The script is named 'BackupPC_Admin' upstream, and a script alias named
'BackupPC' is created by the package. So backuppc's cgi interface in
Fedora is available at :
http://localhost/BackupPC

I think providing also a script alias for 'backuppc', 'BackupPC_Admin'
and/or 'backuppc_admin' should be ok and can help users to be less confused.

> Thanks for working on it!
>
> Arch

I don't think I'll resubmit package to add only the readme file, but you
should file a bug against bugzilla, I'll put the readme file as an
attachment waiting for the next package version/release :)

Regards,
Johan