Re: Eth1 problems again

david walcroft:
>>> Bringing up interface eth1:  sysfs class device: Permission denied
>>> Error, some other host already uses address 192.168.0.1.

Tim:
>> Does some other host on the same network have the same address?  Other
>> than for special circumstances, requiring special configuration, each
>> interface should have a unique IP address.  That includes different
>> interfaces on the same computer.

david walcroft:
> Tim, as far as I can tell Eth0 and Eth1 are the only cards on my system.

Which did't really answer the question.  Are you trying to assign the
same IP address to the two of them at the same time (that won't work,
not under the usual networking circumstances), or the same IP as on
another computer on the same LAN?

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.