Re: Kernel boot failure

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 13:11 -0400, Derek C Hopkins wrote:
> I now get more statements on screen during boot  but it still stops.
>
> last line is
>
> ACPI:  PCI Root Bridge [PCIO] (0000:00)

It might be time to have a look at the kernel-parameters.txt file.  It
shows you the options you can pass.  It's bound to be somewhere on-line
you can find with Google, if you don't have a working system to read it
on (it's from the kernel-doc package).  There's various options for ACPI
that you might want to try, like forcing it on or off.

        acpi=           [HW,ACPI] Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
                        Format: { force | off | ht | strict | noirq }
                        force -- enable ACPI if default was off
                        off -- disable ACPI if default was on
                        noirq -- do not use ACPI for IRQ routing
                        ht -- run only enough ACPI to enable Hyper Threading
                        strict -- Be less tolerant of platforms that are not
                                strictly ACPI specification compliant.

                        See also Documentation/pm.txt, pci=noacpi

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.