Suggestion for personal log categories?

Hello,
First of all I want to thank you for all the suggestion about tool for
managing personal log. All of those suggestions look very interesting. So far
they are (in no particular order):
- basket http://basket.kde.org/
- kjots, gjots
- elog http://midas.psi.ch/elog
- zim
- tuxcards

I'm overwhelmed by all of those choices :) I guess I'll spend my weekend
evaluating them.

On further thought, can someone suggesting what is the best way to categorize
our personal log? Currently using Kate, I just throw in all of them in one
file with the only mark on them is date and title.

To explain clearer how difficult it is for me to arrange the categories is
that I'm working on multiple distro: ubuntu, rhel, fedora, centos, sles/d,
opensuse. And also some major continuous projects such as samba, zimbra,
linux-ha.

For example, regarding keeping part of log files, should I put it into the
respective distros/projects, or should I put log files in it's own categories
whose sub categories of various distros/projects.

Example 1:
1. Distros
	1a. Centos
		1a1. Log files
	1b. Ubuntu
		1b1. Log files

Or:
Example 2:
1. Distros
2. Log files
	2a. Centos
	2b. Ubuntu

I'm sorry if this things look silly. I just hope that I can learn from others,
and hopefully soon I can share it to others too.

Based on the screenshots, I think I have several categories already:
1. Un-categorized :)
2. Credentials (for any username and passwords)
3. Web links

http://linux2.arinet.org
08:28:53 up 40 min, 2.6.20-16-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.