Re: Desktop Frozen after trying to launch NFS mounted folder fromNautilus

Hello Peter,

Killing gdm didn't help, restarting the computer did.

Thanks for the quick response,

Roopnarine, Peter wrote:

(Apologies all for top-posting; I am on the road and am forced to use my institution's MS webmailer...)

You could always just re-start the machine, but perhaps try this first.
Drop to a terminal (ctl-alt-F1), login, and just kill gdm. Find the PID with "ps -U <username>", and then "kill <PID>" or "kill -9 <PID>".
Peter

Peter D. Roopnarine, Assoc. Curator
Dept. of Invertebrate Zoology & Geology
California Academy of Sciences