Re: Thank you list

> Yes, if you mean messages of the "this doesn't work
   > again" variety.
> That's business as usual for a fedora release. If
you > don't want to
> participate in testing and debugging the new set of
>changes, just don't

> upgrade until the next version is several months
old.  > Personally I
> usually wait for the k12ltsp release partly for the
>additional content
> and partly because it is a respin that includes all
>the updates at the
> time it is released after testing.

 That is what I have tried to do with pretty good
results. I started with fc4 and then a "yum upgrade"
to fc5 when fc6 came out and to fc6 when fc7 came
out.. I had been hoping to continue longer with the
"Legacy" updates", but that went out. I had planned to
skip a level and do an upgrade once a year.
 What is "k12ltsp release" ?
 I am getting ready to do another yum upgrade but I
view this one with trepidation because I have pata
drives and, through no fault of my own, am using lvm
(the install put that on by default). I have been
watching a bug report that of a kernel panic on first
boot for raid and lvm systems. There is apparently a
patch out but no updated package yet. I haven't seen
any reports of successful yum upgrades for f7 lvm
systems. I know that yum upgrades are not recommended,
but I figure the worst that can happen will be a
failure followed by a clean install. The other choice
is to go directly to a clean install followed by a
bunch of updates. Almost equal except for the personal
changes I have made.
 My main reason for upgrading is to get security
updates.
 Any comment or advice would be welcome. I really
appreciate the education I get on the list.