Artsd seems to hang

Recently I have installed (not an upgrade) Fedora Core 7. everything works out
the box except the soundsystem.

During the login phase I hear the sound from the kde login event. But at some
time the arts sound systems seems to halt. I cannot even stop artsd with a
normal (TERM) kill. I have to use kill -9 (SIGKILL) to terminate artsd.

After termination KDE will start an other artd and now everything seems to
work.

Any idee's how I can find the source of this problem?

Andy Esten