Re: No Sound after installing Fedora 7

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 18:47 +0100, jatin davey wrote:
> Hi
>
> after installing fedora 7 in my toshiba laptop (A 135 - s2386)
> i am not getting any sound in my laptop
>
> installed all the mp3 codecs and video codecs but still no sucess.
> googled it and got some results asking me to change some source code
> in the alsa base file under /etc dir.
>
> please let me know the detailed steps as i am a new user in linux.

What did: System->Admininistration-> Soundcard Detection tell you?
In other words was the card detected?
Next step run alsamixer and adjust the levels of each channel.
Channels with MM at their base should be changed to 00 at their base by
typing 'm'.

enhance, v.: To tamper with an image, usually to its detriment.