Re: How many drives?

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

What's a quick (even dirty) way of finding out how many HDs a system has?

On recent Fedora systems:

ls /dev/sd?

Since IDE drives are now handled by libata, all drives have "sd" prefixed names. udev creates device nodes on demand, so there should be an "sd?" device node for all present disks, of all types.

Some other suggestions may be more interesting, but I thought I'd toss this one out there anyway.