Re: Moving F7

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

    I went through moving an entire existing F7, this one, from one hard
drive to another. It worked but I had a real problem with initrd. This
file has within it the partition it expects to find the system. I have
it working right now since the /boot is in another partition from the
rest of the system.

I don't think that is true.
I've moved kernel + initrd from one disk to another without problem.
Obviously you have to have the modules it references on the disk.

Obviously to who? What modules are you talking about? What disk are you talking about?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User